Monday, June 4, 2012

Anime Convention-Costumes


Leggend of Korra and her Polar Dog

It's no secret that my wonderful Geek husband is an Anime Nerd. He recently has gotten into Yu-Gi-Ho (I think that's how you spell it) Cards again with the recent opeing of a Game shop here in town. He went there last Saturday for almost 3 hours and had a blast. I don't mind the gaming or the Anime, I actually have gotten into a few of them myself...mainly Black Buttler which I LOVE!

A-Kon 22 Betsy as Link
We went last summer to A-Kon in Dallas and had a blast. One of the projects that I had for the con was to make Betsy a Link (from Leggend of Zelda) costume.
It was so cute!!! And since she had been into playing the recorder for a while...it fit well.

So we are not able to go all the way up to Dallas this year...but there is a local con coming to McAllen in July called OMNICON, so we are planning a head for Betsy's costume. She and Peter love Leggend of Korra (the second of "The last air-bender"...I just realized they were both "leggend of..."...lol) ANYWAYS...I'm working on a Korra outfit for Betsy this year and have already got the fabric...I'm hoping that it all works out because I think she would look really cute dressed up as a fire/water bender!

As soon as I get picture made I'll post them....first things first is getting my new swing table and craft area set up so I can start sewing.




No comments:

Post a Comment