Saturday, September 22, 2012

Easy and fun children's crafts

Betsy has been asking me almost every morning to "Do some Crapts" (aka crafts)...this was an easy craft that we did for her "Grammy" as a present.



One of the things I have come to realize is that taking a few minutes out of each day to sit down and forget about dishes and laundry and all the other things that take up the day and focus on Betsy for at least half an hour to get her creativity started, helps to give her a better day. So we have started doing crafts in the morning after breakfast to be able to get the day started off right.

She loved making these easy Christmas bunting/banner and it showed me how much she has really advanced in hand eye coordination and in being able to sit down and focus on the task.

I used my sizzix big shot and my new Christmas Tree Die to cut out 6 trees, and I had pre-cut card stock strips which we glued them onto  with regular white glue. To make it easier on her we put a little glue on a plate and handed her a  Q-tip to apply the glue to the tree cut out. She then used the Q-tip to apply glue to the front with cute sound effects "Bloop-Bloop" as she dabbed glue onto the front and then "Shakey-shakey" with the glitter to add some "Sprklys" to it!




Betsy had a blast making these and when Grammy came over she  dragged her to the wall where they were hanging to dry so that she could show off her handy work!
I think we will be making many more of these in the next few weeks as Christmas presents for the family! (Shhhhhh don't tell them!)

We had fun and I hope you take a few minutes out of each day to enjoy some time with your little ones and make these lovely little banners!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment