Thursday, August 30, 2012

Polish Christmas Ornament STOP PINNING START DOING PROJECT No. 2


STOP PINNING AND START DOING Project Challenge No. 2 

Polish Star Ornament



In keeping with the Stop Pinning and Start Doing project, this was my first attempt at a Polish Star Ornament. I recently saw this youtube video showing how to make this paper star. I knew it would take a while to do all those points but I had no idea how time consuming it was to do them.

In the video she says to use a sharp pencil to make the points, which I did not have (can't find a pencil sharpener to save my life...lol) so I used a pen tip. It worked because I was able to wrap the end around the point, but it did leave little openings on the end of my star...unlike hers which have nice closed points. It took me a whole evening (2-3hrs) and the next morning (another 2hrs) to wrap all the points on the 10 stars that I made. Which is a little TOO much time for me...so I can say that I will NOT be making these for Christmas presents this year (tee hee hee)! But at least I can say I mastered another craft WOO HOO!!!
Maybe with practice I would get faster and better at making the points to these Polish Star Ornaments so I may try them again but I don't think my fingers can stand another round of that right now. I think I'll stick to the double star that I made before!

Check out STOP PINNING AND START DOING Project No. 1 Double Star


Check out my Pinterest page for Paper/Origami to see some of the other paper crafts that I have and will be making with my Stop Pinning and Start Doing challenge. I plan on making the most of my fall break from school by going wild on crafting, home making, child raising and family loving adventure!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment